St Michael's Riders
December 13, 2017, 03:11:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to St. Michael's Riders Catholic Motorcycle Group. Please come in and look around. Be sure to look at the "News and Updates" section.

Home   Forum   Help Arcade Calendar Login Register  
Support St. Michael's Riders
Catholic Answers
www.catholic.com Catholic Answers Forums
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need Prayers for my mom and dad.  (Read 2330 times)
baxman
Humble servant in the making...
Administrator

« on: February 08, 2012, 07:47:52 PM »

My mom and dad were in a car accident this morning. My dad is doing ok, but my mom is in really rough shape. My mom had a major stroke about 6 years ago and her left side is paralyzed and needs to be in a wheel chair. She had a lot of broken bones and the worst is her left ankle. They may have to amputate but its a little soon to tell. Her injuries are pretty bad and despite what the news says, they are life threatening. My dad needs prayers to help him deal with the whole situation.

In Christ
Scott

News link:
http://www.abc12.com/story/16771903/fenton-township-accident-injures-2?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=6721727

May the Lord bless you and keep you.
GodBlessJoanie
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 10:11:50 PM »

Boss,
I'm so very sorry to hear about the accident.  I will pray and pray and pray for their recovery and also for you and your family.
God bless,
Joanie

Roman Catholic & Loving Christ's Real Presence in the Eucharist!
John 6: 53-65,  Mark 14: 22-25,  Matthew 26: 26-29, Luke 22: 14-20
Rico 05R

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 09:36:40 PM »

Prayers sent.

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God...Have mercy on me a sinner.
cfell
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 10:45:05 PM »

Scott.. hey, Boss.. what's status?  Prayin.....

May the Grace and peace of our Lord, Jesus Christ, be with you!

Deacon Channing
KCMule

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 09:01:42 PM »

Prayers for you and your family

God Bless
KCMule

Remember our military in prayer. John 15:13
sparky

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 03:17:23 PM »

Tried to pm but would'nt go through.  Prayers your way, hope things are ok and everyone is healing. 

Spark
baxman
Humble servant in the making...
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2012, 09:46:10 AM »

Thank you all for your prayers.
My Mom went to be with the Lord on Saturday about 10pm. She had a lot of broken bones and a collapsed lung. She was up and down the whole time but was never really responsive. She also had a small bleed in her brain but the ultimate cause was fluid building up in her lungs. It was a continuos processes of interventions to try to keep her oxygen level up and with all the fluids that they were giving her to keep her blood pressure up she was swollen beyond recognition. They finally said that the next step was to open her chest to try to drain her lungs. My dad decided that she had enough and had them turn off the breathing machine. We were all there when it happened and it was a very hard time for all of us. We are having the funeral on Thursday at her Church (Fenton United Methodist Church). My dad is having a really hard time with it because he was driving and the accident was because he had a seizer while driving home. Its going to be hard for him for a long time and he could still use prayers. 

I have no doubt that she went strait to heaven. She spent her whole life in service to others and in silent suffering. She was diagnosed with MS when I was 4 and still did so much for the family and for others even with her pain and limitations. Six years ago she had a stroke and was completely dependent on others. I know that was the biggest Cross for her. Even in that, she was always positive and faithful to the Lord. She will be greatly missed.

In Christ
Scott

May the Lord bless you and keep you.
GodBlessJoanie
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2012, 10:14:35 AM »

Dear Scott,
I am so sorry about your mother.  I will keep you and your family and your dad in my prayers.  God's calls us each one of us back to Himself like the autumn leaves that fall from the trees.  His timing is no less than perfect, though it seem foreign to us.   

If there is anything I can do, please don't hesitate to ask. 

Roman Catholic & Loving Christ's Real Presence in the Eucharist!
John 6: 53-65,  Mark 14: 22-25,  Matthew 26: 26-29, Luke 22: 14-20
rosarymart

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2015, 11:30:30 PM »

Oh  Sad Really Really sorry to hear about it. Your parents will be find. Just have trust in God.

repeat this prayer

O Almighty God, you gave us the commandment to honour our father and mother. In your loving kindness hear my prayer for my parents. Give them long lives and keep them well in body and spirit. Bless their labours; keep them always in your care. Bless them generously for their loving care for me. Grant that, through your grace, I may always be their support and comfort, and that, after our life together on earth, we may experience the joy together praising you forever.

and If possible then buy rosaries for both your Mom and Dad (like necklace bracelet etc) and tell them to wear them regularly. I hope it will help in healing.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 11:32:17 PM by rosarymart » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: